Your RapidCycle arrives approximately 90% assembled & requires attaching the front wheel, handlebars and pedals. We strongly recommend assembly by a certified mechanic / bike shop to ensure proper assembly and safety.
- Allen Wrench (Included)
- 15mm Open-End Wrench
- Open the box and remove the bicycle, seat, and parts box.
- Remove zip ties, nut covers, and fork covers.
- Remove All plastic covers
- Remove handlebar face plate (headset) with Allen Key.
- Place handlebar in stem. Center handlebar, making sure that handlebar faces forward. All cables should run in a smooth arc from the shifter or brake lever to the front brake or cable stop on the frame.
- Adjust handlebar to desired position. Tighten face plate (headset) and stem bolts with Allen Key.
Rear Brake Adjustment
- Use socket end of wrench to loosen rear brake bolt.
- Pull on rear brake wire with plier to allow rear brake cable to insert into cable stop.
- Rear brake cable should be tight as seen in the pic.
- Tighten rear brake bolt back in place.
Front Brake Adjustment (Evolve Bullhorn Bars, ¡VAMOS!, & GRAND only)
- Remove Allen screw attached to the front brake by hand.
- Slot the entire front brake assembly into the front of the front fork according to the picture.
- Insert the Allen screw and gently hand tighten it into the rear side of the front fork where it meets the bolt from the front brake assembly.
Front Wheel Installation
- Remove contents of parts box
- Remove nut from quick release rod
- Insert rod into hollow axle of front wheel
- Place nut back onto rod
- Align front forks with quick release rod.
- Tighten nut with fingers and pull clamp. Make sure the front wheel is tight and securely attached
- Pedals will be marked with a “R” sticker for the right side of the bike facing forward, and “L” sticker for the left side of the bike facing forward.
- Align right pedal with right crank arm and begin turning washer clockwise with fingers. Make sure the pedal is aligned properly, or the thread may be damaged. After the washer is finger-tight, use the 15mm Open-End Wrench to tighten it securely.
- Align left pedal with left crank arm and begin turning washer counter-clockwise with fingers. Make sure the pedal is aligned properly, or the thread may be damaged. After the washer is finger-tight, use the 15mm Open-End Wrench to tighten it securely.
Installing Seat and Seat Post
- The seat post collar should already be loosened to allow you to slide the seat and seat post in. If it is not, open the clamp and loosen the nut.
- Insert the seat post and place at your desired height. Tighten the nut and pull down on the clamp. Make sure the seat is secure and does not turn.
Congratulations! Your RapidCycle is ready to ride. Make sure to tighten all cranks, nuts, pedals, lockrings, etc. before and after every ride!